[time-nuts] Amateur Radio Information

masonlaw at wcc.net masonlaw at wcc.net
Wed Nov 25 18:28:03 UTC 2009

Mike:

I have read the responses which you have received from the fellow "T-Nuts"
and they are all very good and to the point.  I concur with the
recommendation that you get your test passed and then learn from doing.
I've been a ham for 58 years and never fail to learn something new each time
I get involved in an 'on-air' conversation or start a project on the work
bench.  It has been the one captivating hobby in my life (76 years) though I
am a musician (piano) and really enjoy the guns, ammunition and the shooting
sport.

However, in listening to 'on the air' conversations, be discerning, as one
of the guys said, the bands abound with many 'experts' and each one has the
true answer to any given question.

The guys in this group are good guys and a bright bunch and all seem to be
dedicated to the hobby in one or more areas.  They are also friendly and
very helpful and you're most likely to get the true answer to any question,
here.  I've also learned quite a bit from reading the group emails.

Good luck and enjoy the hobby.

Bill
W5STP