[time-nuts] LORAN-C demise

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 20:35:50 UTC 2009

Looking at the vhf/UHF ham repeater as a model, it is possible to get government and commercial cooperation but this is often with the assistance of a insider. A ham that is also the station engineer for example. My idea was to end run the government and commercial interest with the idea that we would be the only backup with the government and commercial interest depended on a group of volunteers. On a personal level I would have an excuse for my obsession and an excuse to effect others. The idea would be to extend time related expertise to as many people as possible. It would be possible to have one person do something because they can and want to. Permission of any other group or interest would inhibit this.

Testing our system by jamming or disconnecting the GPS signal much as the paper cited before that caused cell phone site problems, may be problematic to the primary user of a commercial system. This would be a test of both transmitters and receivers of frequency and time much like the frequency measurement tests now but adding more transmitters and the time distribution as well.

Stanley