[time-nuts] How do US TV stations disseminate time to DTV converterboxes?

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Fri Oct 2 02:57:29 UTC 2009

Greg,

I am curious how you determined that WWVB is off the air ?
What receiving rquipment do you use ?
What kind of antenna ?

On NIST's WWVB web site they indicate that it is up and running fine.  I can hear
WWVB on my ham radio set, albeit at a very low level because my antenna is not,
at all, useful down at 60KHz and my tuner will not adjust to that low of a
frequency.

One last point, it does the rest of us no good to say ". . . in my geographical
area . . ." if "we" do not have any idea where the hell that is.  As for the
converter boxes, I cannot address that even though I have a couple around here
someplace.  I do not recall mine showing a date or time, but then again I never
paid much attention to that.

Right now, here in San Diego, California, my date is Oct 1, 2009 and the time is
1956 hours (7:56 pm).

Bill....WB6BNQ