[time-nuts] GPS from a window seat

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Fri Oct 2 12:00:57 UTC 2009

Hi Robert,

The limit is 515 m/s, 1000 knots or 1854 km/h. I presume your car did 1227
km/h, right?  This is within CoCom limits. Then both altitude AND speed
must be over the limit to break the rules. Where your car also driving
over 18000m altitude?

http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-183796/13441+Resolution+FA2.pdf

As for 1Hz... 20Hz and for some years even 50Hz and 100Hz GPS measurements
has been available. Look at L1 OEM-boards from Novatel, Ashtech, Topcon,
Javad etc.

uBlox-5 receivers are often specified at 4Hz, <50km alt, <500m/s, <4g.

--

    Björn