[time-nuts] Has anyone designed with a LT3080?

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:34:56 UTC 2009

I have a project where I need to supply a nice, steady 12 volts to an OCXO.
>From the spec sheet, the LT3080 looks much better than the venerable 7812.
However, when I started to look at the application data closely, my
enthusiasm waned a bit. It seems the voltage set pin is so sensitive to
outside influences that it requires guarding. Also, I don't particularly
like using a 1.2 meg resistor for the voltage set resistor. So, has anyone
actually used one of these, and how did it go?
This may help: http://cds.linear.com/docs/Datasheet/3080fa.pdf