[time-nuts] Basic TIC measurement

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Wed Oct 7 07:17:03 UTC 2009

Bruce,

>> I guess I could try using the multiple outputs on the back of the
>> Spectracom 8140, but that would introduce another variable -- the
>> outputs may not be exactly in phase. Also, isn't a pulse or square
>> wave better for doing TI measurements? What the heck. I may try that
>> just to see what happens :-)
>>
> You may as well just do it to see what happens, but don't expect much
> better performance.

Oops. It has been a long time since I read the manual for the
Spectracom 8140, or used it. I forgot that the rear outputs are fixed
at 10MHz and only the single front output changes with the push
buttons. You re-learn something every day :-)

I guess I'll have to find the correct resistors for a splitter. Stay tuned.

Joe Gray
KA5ZEC