[time-nuts] hp10811 OCXO shipping jolt/drop survival?

swingbyte swingbyte at exemail.com.au
Sat Oct 10 05:36:12 UTC 2009

HI all ,
I had a 5370 A shipped to me that suffered enough of a drop/roll to
break a handle and bend the chassis such that the bottom panel had to be
modified to get it back on.  When I connected the timebase output to the
start input the frequency display is 10.0000000xx with the last two
numbers moving about quite a lot.  Could this indicate damage to the
oscillator due to the drop?  I haven't tuned up the inputs yet so this
may be an artefact of that.
Thanks

Tim