[time-nuts] Newbie looking for GPSDO kit or Project sites

Roberto Barrios rbarrioss at msn.com
Tue Oct 13 19:01:44 UTC 2009

If you want to get your hands dirty, I'd suggest you to try VE2ZAZ's design. I've built a few GPSDOs and this one is the one I liked most.

http://ve2zaz.net/GPS_Std/GPS_Std.htm

Roberto

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 13:30:10 +0100
From: "David C. Partridge" <david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Newbie looking for GPSDO kit or Project sites
To: "'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'"
<time-nuts at febo.com>

Do you actually want to build your own from scratch, or just buy something
like a Trimble Thunderbolt and add a PSU and housing?

If the latter then look for seller fluke.l (that's a lower case letter "L")
on eBay if you should want one right now, or if you aren't in a hurry wait
for the next "group buy" of these here.

If the former, how sophisticated do you want to get? These beesties can go
from real simple:

<http://www.jrmiller.demon.co.uk/projects/ministd/frqstd0.htm>

to really moderately complex such as:

<http://www.rt66.com/~shera/index_fs.htm>

I'm sure there have probably been more recent designs too that have gotten
even smarter ...

Dave