[time-nuts] Getting GPIB to work on HP5382B Universal counter

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 12:48:54 UTC 2009

Jerome...

As others have said, you *Must* use Agilent's software tools with their
hardware, not NI's.

There are other GPIB/IEEE488 software vendors who's tools can use NI's
and other third party controller cards, but NI software will only be
able to use NI hardware.

So, you need to go find and get the Agilent drivers and tools for their
GPIB adapters you already have.

It may be best to remove the cards/interfaces you have, uninstall all
the Agilent and NI software, do a clean up, then start again from
afresh, with the right combination of hardware and software.

Best Regards.

Dave B.