[time-nuts] Getting GPIB to work on HP5382B Universal counter

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 14 14:03:30 UTC 2009

On 10/14/09 5:46 AM, "Mike Naruta AA8K" <aa8k at comcast.net> wrote:

> The standard I used in my department was that
> when anyone changed code, they commented out
> the original code and then entered their new
> code with a date and explanation of the change.
> That way you have the what and why the previous
> developer originally thought he was doing and
> what, when, and why you changed it.

These days, with versioning source code repositories (like SVN) and code
browsers that understand the repository, it's a simple matter to get a diff,
highlighted in color even.  The "commit" comment to the repo should say who
why what, etc.

Now.. If you check out, spend 6 months tinkering in 500 modules, and then do
the commit, you're probably going to regret it.  But if you do small changes
and commits, it works pretty well.