[time-nuts] Getting GPIB to work on HP5382B Universal

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed Oct 14 16:17:31 UTC 2009

Hi Stanley:

It turns out the many of the HP "Panel Drivers" include Labview code along with
the "HP VEE" code, but they don't talk much about it.

The key problem talking to older equipment with modern (fast) computers is the
timing.  Old instruments are much slower than today's computers so you need to
check the instrument status or use WAIT to keep from getting ahead of the
instrument.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com