[time-nuts] Lady Heather wants to know: How big is your tube?

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 13:26:32 UTC 2009

Am I missing something?

Why not just query the system, and ask it what it knows about the screen
in use?

Other software tools and utils can do it, I even remember doing it in
QuickBasic back in the dark old DOS days, when you were seen as a minor
deity if you had anything larger than a 640x480 screen.

I'd be extremely surprised if there is no way to determine the screen
geometry by a query to some part of the OS, or even the BIOS, if it's
the native hardware resolution you need to know.

Or is there a reason why LH can't do that?   Is her whip not long enough
or something?

Rgards.

Dave B.