[time-nuts] GPIB on HP5382B counter

Brent Gordon time-nuts at adobe-labs.com
Sat Oct 24 03:34:22 UTC 2009

   I'm out of practice with C, but shouldn't
viScanf(vi, "%t", buf);

be

viScanf(vi, "%t", &buf);

Brent

   Jerome Peters wrote:

I'm still trying to get the HP5328B counter to work with GPIB.  I don't have any
 problems talking, however I can't receive data.
I think the basic (HP/Agilent) hardware/software  are ok, with a similar type of
 program I am able to send/receive to a 34401 Digital Multimeter.
It "seems" like it should be pretty straight forward to implement but I can't fi
gure out where  I'm going wrong.  There is a test oscillator driving the counter
 at ~5MHz, The Oscillator drifts a bit, so I can see every time it captures a ne
w measurement. The counter is not in "talk only mode"