[time-nuts] 7150+ filter problem

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 07:34:25 UTC 2009

What you say is true, but there is the time involved in repairing the filter. There is also the risk of injury while doing so (those cans have sharp edges), and the risk of a short circuit when the whole thing is re-assembled. I tend to "price" my time these days, I'd rather do something to raise £25 (overtime, put something on ebay) than spend 2 hours messing with a smelly mains filter. If you want minimum cost, bypass the voltage selector and fit a standard filter inlet with an adaptor plate.

It's very much a personal choice.

Robert G8RPI.