[time-nuts] Clock Project Help

David Forbes dforbes at dakotacom.net
Wed Oct 28 16:44:59 UTC 2009

At 3:44 AM -0500 10/28/09, J. Mike Needham wrote:

>Where the problem lies is that I need to find the IC chips for clocks and
>build a display . ideally my whole house would sport these clocks and get
>their signal from my own NTP server or any of the public ones.  My prototype
>clock would be a bedside alarm clock with only alarm set functions for any
>buttons, the actual time setting would be as described above.  If anyone can
>direct me to suppliers for these parts that is what I really need as well as
>to know what parts I need J

J.,

There is an entire cottage industry for making nixie tube clocks.
These devices are beautiful to look at and they complement any decor.

There's a Yahoo group called NeoNixie that discusses them. Two
members of this group that sell clocks and kits (and have impressed
me with their technical skill) are:

http://www.chronotronix.com/
http://www.tayloredge.com/

And there are many more out there.

I'm not selling nixie clocks myself any more, though.
--

--David Forbes, Tucson, AZ
http://www.cathodecorner.com/