[time-nuts] HP 5359A Manual Needed

Joe Geller joegeller at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 29 23:13:40 UTC 2009

>> Hi - Does anyone have a scan of the HP 5359A Time Synthesizer Op and svc manual?

Didier, Ko4bb most kindly posted a 5359A manual at:
http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/HP_Agilent/HP_5359A_Operating_and_Service-draft.pdf

This pdf does not open with my Adobe 8.0, however it does open with the Foxit pdf reader.

I have been using several 5359A to create inexpensive time lines for a magnetic measurement experiment prototype / early design.  They are power hogs (room heaters) however very user friendly and very easy to use.  My present work is relatively low precision timing and I am running two or three 5359A on a common 1 kHz "event" clock (rear panel input) for relatively long delays.  Eventually the time line will be run by a simple micro, probably a Microchip PIC 12F series.

The 5359A were relatively inexpensive some months back, so I picked up a couple of extra parts units in addition to my working units, so I can probably help out with spare parts needs.

I finally collected all of the equipment to properly calibrate my working 5359As as well as my 5370B.  (yes the one where my ROM "reader" killed the U3 ROM when I tried to read the version).  Speaking of which, many thanks to those who offered to help find a replacement ROM, still working the problem.  Calibration is not that difficult, but it is time consuming.  Many years ago, I worked my way through engineering school in the University cal. lab, brings back memories.