[time-nuts] HP E2050A LAN/HPIB Gateway

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Sep 1 16:13:11 UTC 2009

Adrian,

not sure whether you can reach your aim completely without a manual. However
installing the AGILENT I/O Libraries should bring you a big step forward.
Having installed the software it should recognize the E5020A and the GPIB
devices connected to it, so that some basic communication tests should be
possible from within the GUI (i.e. without any programming).

After basic functionality tests you should be able to talk to your
instruments through the I/O Libraries with any software that knows how to
make use of VISA functionality, for example my EZGPIB utility (but of course
there are others too).

Best regards
Ulrich