[time-nuts] HP E2050A LAN/HPIB Gateway

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed Sep 2 02:42:07 UTC 2009

Interesting.

192.168.x.x is reserved, and will not propagate on the Internet.
Same with 10.x.x.x.

These addresses are used on the local network side of Internet routers
that have Network Address Translation, so that malicious creeps with
warped brains can't find them. Doesn't work if someone on the local side
makes a query to a malicious address.

RFC 3330 seems to say that the 24 bit block 192.0.0.x is no longer reserved.

I still like HP.

Bill Hawkins