[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Voltage-Dropping

Brucekareen at aol.com Brucekareen at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 01:04:28 UTC 2009

I bought a 3.6-V Trimble Bullet GPS antenna on ePay and wish to use it with
 my T-bolt.  Rather than try to internally modify the T-bolt to provide a
3.6-V antenna feed, I decided to try to build an in-line dropping adapter.
I seriesed two Si diodes inside a 100 pf tubular ceramic capacitor and
installed  the shrink-wrapped assembly inside a salvaged BNC-M to BNC-F coaxial
assembly.  Unfortunately the completed assembly exhibits about a 4-to-1
VSWR when terminated in a 50 ohm load.  Has anyone else tackled this
challenge?

The 3.6-V Trimble antenna has less gain than the 5-V version which  makes
my planned antenna rcable run on the edge even without the high  VSWR..

Bruce Hunter