[time-nuts] SK -- Den Connors, KD2S

Tom Clark, K3IO tom.k3io at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:20:35 UTC 2009

It is with much sadness that I report the passing of Den Connors, KD2S
at 2AM this morning. Den passed on after a year+ fight to conquer
lymphoma. This morning, Ralph (KD1SM) reported
    "Den checked-in to our weekly Club information net on 70cm
     Monday evening.  As usual, he sounded pretty chipper."

    "Very shortly after that he developed a serious infection
     and his non-existent immune system could do nothing."

Den was TAPR's first president, overseeing the transition from a local
Tucson club into the multi-national TAPR. He was a major sponsor of the
adoption of AX.25 as the amateur packet standard. Under his lead, TAPR
introduced the TNC-1 and then later the TNC-2. Den worked with me to
define an amateur store-and-forward packet radio satellite; this morphed
into the Microsats (AO16-16, IO-26. AO-27 & MO-30).

Den moved to Massachusetts about 25 years ago to work at Wang Computers,
and lived in Pepperell, Massachusetts.

73, Den -- you will be missed by all your friends!

Tom Clark, K3IO