[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Voltage-Dropping

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 18:26:45 UTC 2009

warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com writes:

Ummmmm  is right,
One of us is missing something, I wonder which one, I think I  know.
He has a good bypass cap across all that, The RF is not going to see  the
diodes.
ws

---------------
Ye Gods, just thinking about this is painful, we're talking microwave
frequencies here, low microwave admittedly but just the physical
discontinuities are still going to be significant.

Even without the diodes that inline cylindrical capacitor is likely to
cause problems, it probably won't look too much like a capacitor anyway, and to
 suggest the RF is not going to see the diodes is, to put it politely, the
height of optimism.
Although, having said that, it is possible it might not see them as it
might all be reflected at the capacitor junction before it gets to the
diodes:-)

Sorry but what's really missing here seems to be a sensible appreciation of
 microwave fundamentals, perhaps even RF fundamentals!

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR