[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Voltage-Dropping

Had had at to-way.com
Fri Sep 4 14:57:49 UTC 2009

Darren, this is a very nice find. I made an offer for two and got
them for several dollars less, each, then their asking price. At that
time I believe they had in excess of 250 available.

Had
K7MLR

At 06:49 PM 9/3/2009, you wrote:
>Hi,
>the model of bias tee referenced below works well, with very low insertion
>loss, down towards 1GHz, despite the manufacturer's specifications:
>
>http://www.ohiomicrowave.com/things/hwe32biasteetranscept1000204C.pdf
>
>Item #270287524274 on a well known Internet auction site, lists the
>"Buy-It-Now" price as $19.95 for brand new units. If you are worried about
>return loss, I can provide plots for GPS frequencies. Performance really
>falls off below 500MHz, where the insertion losses approach 50dB!
>
>For the money, the build quality is superb.
>
>HTH
>
>Darren

A fine is a tax for doing wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing well.

Peter Cooper, of Fermi Lab, says, "Every experimentalist knows
that the apparatus, or at least your understanding of it, is
always at fault until demonstrated otherwise." He also says,
"Nature is really unmoved by what I, or anyone else, believes."