[time-nuts] More Z3801/Tbolt comparisons

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:04:41 UTC 2009

Yes,  the sidereal day is definitely the proper interval to survey for.

The technique that I am using analyzes the data over minute, hour, and 24 hour intervals.   The Tbolt outputs data at one second intervals.  There is not a good way to evenly divide those 236 seconds over those intervals,  so I stick with the 24 hour day.  The difference is not noticeable.

If we are being this careful, I wonder if you should use a SIDEREAL day of averaging - 236 seconds short of a solar day ?