[time-nuts] HP5328A repair experience

Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU Leigh at WA5ZNU.org
Fri Sep 11 06:13:12 UTC 2009

I have an HP-5216A that I got at the local flea market.  One tube is bad
and one driver.
I found the drivers (they're special HP chips), but now I see it has
about 10mA leakage current to ground.  I've removed everything on the
primary side and it seems to be the transformer. There's a slight chance
I pinched a wire in the transformer cage but I haven't had the energy to
try once more taking the transformer out.  Oh, and I had to fabricate my
own power connector as it's really old.  (That's not the source of the
leak as the current stops when I remove the fuse.)

http://wa5znu.org/2009/08/hp5216a/

Leigh/WA5ZNU