[time-nuts] Frequency Acuracy at short gate times

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Thu Sep 17 09:07:03 UTC 2009

Hello,

Can anyone advise how I can measure the frequency accuracy of my 10 MHz
standard at gate times of 1 ms and 100 microseconds.

I have the Wenzle program that calulates Allan Variance from phase noise,
but don't know how reliable that is.

The 1 second Allan Variance is about 1.2 x 10E-12 at 1 second and 3 x 10E-11
at 1 ms according to the Wenzel program .

Any ideas to actually make a measurement.

I have a HP3048A and SR620 timer counters.

Thanks

Martyn