[time-nuts] Distribution amp plans/kits (was Re: How do time-nuts measure phase noise?)

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sat Sep 19 22:13:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, August 18, 2009 1:28 pm, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:
> I have done a new incarnation of my discrete NIST-flavoured
> distribution amplifier. The input return loss still needs
> to be cleaned up, then it's ready for publication.

I have been interested in this, the time lag made me afraid you were not
going to publish any additional details.

What other distribution amp plans or kits are others aware of?  I know of
the TAPR TADD design, which is op-amp based, and the G4HUP design, which
is based on MMIC devices.  The design Hoffmann is working on is the first
I have seen based on optimized discrete devices (assuming that eventually
full schematics and Gerber files are published, to be able to consider it
in the "kit" category, even if I have to get my own PCB's built).
Are there others which I just have not seen yet?

--
Chris Caudle