[time-nuts] Jitter Test on Dividers

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 20 22:23:45 UTC 2009

John Miles wrote:
> Interesting!  500 picoseconds is a lot of drift.  Can you try 74AC390s as
> well?

While that may be interesting, I think we should stop here and think a
little... where would a seemingly stable oscillation/beat frequency with
a period of about 1250 seconds (4 cycles in 5000 seconds) come from?
Also, it is being triangular as noted by Brian. The only thing I can
come up with from the top of my head is power or temperature related.

The relative quietness of the TADD-2 was nice to get confirmed. I have
not yeat had the time to measure that with mine.

Cheers,
Magnus