[time-nuts] Ref. the Power Line filters !

paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 11:18:04 UTC 2009

Roy Phillips wrote:
  I have also had the same experience with Farnell SWMP units that have
the same type of capacitor across the line input.

As have I, in my Farnell 60A bench supply it took several weeks before
the leakage was enough to show itself as a "real" fault but not before
nuisance tripping the house rccd about a hundred times before I
confirmed what device had actually failed.

It *always* seemed to occur when my wife was using the smoothing iron or
the uWave oven - it took a while to realise that was just the
opportunity for me to escape to the radios ;-)

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com