[time-nuts] MV89 Problem

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 22:12:22 UTC 2009

Murray wrote:I have an MV89, and it draws about 320mA steady state. No
cycling of the
current at all once warmed up. The surface temperature is warm, but you
can leave your hand on it.

Performance wise, the MV89 is very good. The ageing is particularly low
- after only a week from power-up it's running at under 1e-9/day.

By the way, my unit came direct from Russia, not epay.

73,
Murray ZL1BPU

Thanks Murray. I contacted the seller and he said he would send another if I
paid the shipping. Seems fair enough. I found that the outer oven has stuck
on. I disabled it and tried it to see how it did as a single oven. It takes
a long time to stabilize but seemed quite stable. I turned it off a while
then back on to see how it retraced. I will know in the morning. I know it
probably won't work well this way since it was built as a double oven. I
might play with it and either try to repair the outer oven controller or see
if I can rig up my own outer oven control.