[time-nuts] EPE - GPS Frequency Reference Project

Joe McElvenney ximac at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 26 12:32:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

Boring mode - ON

With reference to the subject matter and my previous posting, I can
confirm in the true Orwellian manner that all 74HC4046 devices are equal
except that some are more equal than others. Mine, a NS labeled device,
will not tolerate DC coupling along with long pulse inputs whereas
others (I think those from NXP [Philips]) will. Another, but messy
solution, is to AC couple them and clamp the negative-going peaks to
ground.

Boring mode - OFF

Cheers - Joe G3LLV