[time-nuts] z3801 supply voltages

g4fre at g4fre.com g4fre at g4fre.com
Sat Sep 26 17:13:08 UTC 2009

All my current z3801 have a label on the back against the power connector
saying "38-60V" and indeed they do work over the whole range, i tried it!

I chose a 48V psu and they have been running fine for years now

At one time I assumed (from the k8cu site) that all z3801 were ~48V. That
was until i applied 48V to one and it got very upset. After removing the lid
I saw the dc-dc converter on the psu board was labelled "19.5-30V".
Replacing the psu with a 48V version one and all was well again.

Since this time I have seen z3801 that have labels saying "19.5-30V" near
the power connector (but not the one that got upset)

Dave