[time-nuts] Stanford Research SR620 Measurement Bias

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Mon Sep 28 07:08:21 UTC 2009

Stan,

I own a SR620 as well and mine behaves the same (while with a different
number of "counts") so your's is surely not defective! My understanding a
few years ago when I acquired the counter was that this bias is not due to a
"adjustment" in the normal sense but to set a parameter in the counter's
eeprom to a correct value. Since this parameter is limited to a certain
precisison you can make some effort in minimizing this bias but you should
not expect to make it exactly zero. The manual explains how to do but you do
not find the procedure where you would have expected it.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert