[time-nuts] Stanford Research SR620 Measurement Bias

Jürg Kögel j.koegel5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:05:46 UTC 2009

Make the adjustment in the correct sequence:

1. Set the Cal jumper to Cal Enable
2. Connect the reference to Ext Ref (rear) and Input A
3. Switch the counter to Ext Ref
4. Set the CalByte 50 for the best display (this is a very fine adjustement)
5. Switch the counter to Int Ref
6. Set the CalByte 4 for the best display (this adjustement is coarse,
optimize!)
7. Set the Cal jumper to Cal Disable

After this calibration my SR620 is

with the external reference  +/- 3 counts  (9'999'999.9997x....10'000'000,0003)
previous value   -210 counts
with the internal reference  +/- 6 counts
previous value   -25 counts

Best regards

Jürg Kögel