[time-nuts] Yukon Energy causes time sync problems

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sat Apr 10 15:55:51 UTC 2010

If your generation isn't tied to a wider-area grid, all you really
care about is coarse instantaneous frequency and keeping the long-term
average as precise as possible, the latter is specifically so your
customers' clocks run at the right speed.

The former is doable with reeds, the latter requires exactly the kind
of integration over time that a clock compared with another time
reference provides... This is just a PLL with a minutes-to-hours time
constant and human phase comparators controlling the generator speed.

Matthew Kaufman

(Sent from my iPhone)