[time-nuts] Naval Jelly at home depot 25-35% Phosphoric acid

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Mon Apr 12 00:25:22 EDT 2010


I mentioned in an earlier thread that I found Jasco Prep and Primer at 
Home Depot, but that was several years back. I don't know if it is still 
stocked. The stuff is a blue-green liquid and mostly phosphoric acid. 
The naval jelly that I have seen actually was a jelly so it would stick 
better on vertical surfaces for its intended rust stripping use.


paul swed wrote:
> Seems like a liquid, it shakes. But its officially naval jelly NJ1. Look up
> the msds. Thats how I found the % of mix
>
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 5:45 PM, J. L. Trantham <jltran at att.net> wrote:
>
>   
>> Is it Naval Jelly or liquid phosphoric acid?
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
>> Behalf Of paul swed
>> Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 4:42 PM
>> To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
>> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Naval Jelly at home depot 25-35% Phosphoric acid
>>
>>
>> Home depot paint department
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM, J. L. Trantham <jltran at att.net> wrote:
>>
>>     
>>> Where do you get it?
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com]
>>> On Behalf Of Bill
>>> Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:45 PM
>>> To: 'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'
>>> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Naval Jelly at home depot 25-35% Phosphoric
>>> acid
>>>
>>>
>>> I keep at least a couple of gallons of phosphoric acid on hands at all
>>> time....
>>>
>>>
>>>       





More information about the time-nuts mailing list