[time-nuts] GPS PPS smoothing article

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Mon Apr 12 09:45:15 UTC 2010

This one

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.129.8

is not exactly bad reading but from a time-nuts point of view everything is
very predictive:

With their 100 MHz system clock their TIC circuit has a resolution of 10 ns
as well as their pps generating counter can be changed in increments of 10
ns. With that their system noise floor is well defined. Now take look at the
receiver's sigma-tau diagram and find the point where the receiver's AD line
crosses the system noise floor. Take this time as loop time constant of the
pll and you have it.

The bad thing about it: What some members of this group would do as a
weekend fun project is EC funded "research" for others! Readings like that
show what really massive knowledge is available with the members of this
group.

Cheers
Ulrich Bangert

625&rep=rep1&type=pdf