[time-nuts] Microphonic Inductor?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Apr 13 16:49:05 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I do have space on the PCB, but I am worried that the ceramic as well as
ferrite cores both are sensitive to vibration.

I will try Joe's idea of using a doorbell buzzer to introduce vibration.
It's not easy to generate 1KHz vibration without professional (and heavy)
equipment :)

Another suggestion was to put the part on a scope, and lightly tap it, to
see any variations in voltage.

It's time to experiment.

If anyone knows a good inductor-series (leaded or smt) that is
known-insensitive to vibration please let us know!

Thanks,
Said

In a message dated 4/13/2010 06:34:53 Pacific Daylight Time,