[time-nuts] OT: Re Technology. Was Naval Jelly

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Tue Apr 13 17:26:58 UTC 2010

Hi Mark:

The Prius fire was caused by improper spacing.  I've come across this in
related areas.  My son restored a 1941 D8 CAT and told me the lifters
were hitting the valve cover.  It turns out he substituted a gasket for
the factory thick cork seal.  The seal thickness was part of the
design.  In a similar fashion modern off road vehicles require the
proper thickness of gaskets or things touch each other that are not
supposed to.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com