[time-nuts] repairing Maser threads

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Tue Apr 13 22:10:32 UTC 2010

If Corby is installing an ion pump, I suspect the bolts are on something
like a Conflat flange which requires a fair amount of torque to compress
the metal gasket and seal right. The bolts could well have been stripped
out trying to fix a leaking seal.

Nuts would work, if the holes go through. Helicoils can be used on blind
or through holes. For blind holes you need a bottoming Helicoil tap.

-J0hn