[time-nuts] lunatic fringe time standards

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Apr 14 17:03:32 UTC 2010

Hi

I *think* you are asking if there's a clock that automatically corrects for
relativity. Simple answer is no. You certainly could do the math in a PC and
then drive a suitable clock with the required offset data based on a known
location for the clock.

Gray code is one of those things that you probably need to go to a PLD /
CPLD / FPGA to get. The simple parts are pretty cheap.

There are a couple of European sources that pop up from time to time selling
Thunderbolts. It appears that 99% of the supply comes from China. At least
here in the US, it's significantly cheaper to ship them in from China than
to buy from a "local" source.

Bob