[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Group Buy, part 3 - Thunderbolt quits

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 14 21:47:08 UTC 2010

> Application Fatal Exception:
> FATAL EXCPT ID=0x00000000; CODE=0xE0000008
> VO=0x0060; SR=0x0008; PC=0x00401E04; PC2=0x

That looks like a problem inside the TBolt.  I'd guess that the CPU or RAM or
ROM is flakey.

I'd put a meter and scope on the power supplies to double check.  If that's
OK, I'd probably try to send it back for another one.

You could take it apart and see if you can spot anything fishy like a bad
solder joint.  I don't remember if there is a big chip on the bottom, but
it's only 4 more screws to check.