[time-nuts] Simulating Oscillator Noise: DifficultiesSimulatingFlicker FM Noise

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 24 13:22:44 UTC 2010

On 04/24/2010 02:36 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> .... I think I was the one going to do that ... back in the mid 1980's ... Based on progress to date, I don't think it will be here any time soon ...

Well, I have been spending some time to implement several of the
algorithms. There are many pieces to the puzzle thought. The stuff I
have written lately is more to prove algorithmic correctness and lacks
input tau0, provided sequences of data (assumes the fixed location and
all that) and also a lot of supporting transformations and processing.
I fill in the blanks every now and then.

For my own sake, I don't invest in programs that forces me to run an
operating system I don't want to run and depend on. If I have to write
the code myself, then that happens to support my wish to learn the field
even deeper. This set of priorities may or may not coincide with other
peoples choices.

NIST SP 1065 is a good starter for anyone wishing to do their own coding.

Cheers,
Magnus