[time-nuts] [OT] degaussing

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 04:34:35 UTC 2010

When I moved from England to New Zealand I brought my Sony Trinatron
TV with me and had the tuner replaced so it would work over here (we
still have VHF TV and a different sound sub-carrier). The set worked
fine after the conversion and I noticed no problems at all with the
picture but that's not to say that the REALLY good TV guy had not
sorted things out.

Steve

On 26 April 2010 03:51, Henk <henk at deriesp.demon.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Up to the Philips 20AX tubes they used adjustable multipole units around the
> neck of the tube. These multipoles can be readjusted if needed. From the
> 30AX design on, the used multipoles that were internal, thus inside the
> neck. The required correction was measured during manufacture and the
> internal multipole magnetized.  Turning the tube upside down will help down
> under if the tube was manufactured in the northern hemisphere. Then tune the
> deflection yoke back or swap line and frame connections.
>
> Henk
>

> Op 18 apr 2010, om 04:09 heeft Max Robinson het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I haven't been following this thread but here are my comments based on the
>> attached messages.  You may have difficulty finding a service technician who
>> knows how to adjust purity and convergence on a CRT.  In about 1975 they
>> started coming from the factory with deflection yokes installed and all
>> purity and convergence adjusted.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Max.  K 4 O D S.
>>
>> Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com
>>
>> Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net
>> Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwithtubes.net
>> Music site: http://www.maxsmusicplace.com
>>
>> To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
>> funwithtransistors-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
>>
>> To subscribe to the fun with tubes group send an email to,
>> funwithtubes-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnold Tibus" <Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de>

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.