[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Power Supply Question

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Apr 26 11:47:20 UTC 2010

Hi

The simple answer is that there is no regulator in the TBolt between the OCXO and the +12 supply. A well regulated supply is a good idea.

The common suggestion is to run a ~ +15  supply and regulate it to +12 at the TBolt. Depending on the regulator you use, You might be able to get away with a pretty low voltage differential. You might even be able to adjust a +/- 12 V supply to feed some LDO's.

As the link in the previous message mentions, stability is not the only issue. Crud on the power supply is an issue as well. Some of the ultra low drop out regulators are not real good crud blockers.

Bob