[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB controllers

k6rtm at comcast.net k6rtm at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 03:09:48 UTC 2010

Brice--

Wonderful product! Combine it with the EZGPIB software and KE5FX's packages, and you're set.

EZGPIB -- http://ulrich-bangert.de/html/downloads.html

KE5FX -- http://www.thegleam.com/ke5fx/

Both run under windows (I'm running them under VMWare on OSX, currently with Lady Heather on the secondary display showing how my Thunderbolt is doing with the quieter power supply). EZGPIB lets you get up to speed quickly in dealing with GPIB devices. KE5FX has a number of very useful tools that he's written, as well as pointers to more.

One of the great uses for EZGPIB is to go out and enumerate your GPIB (HPIB) devices -- so if someone has changed the default address, it's one call in EZGPIB to scan the address space and let you know what's out there (with the exception of write-only devices like the 59306A relay box).

73 de K6RTM Bob in Silicon Valley

k6rtm at arrl.net (but k6rtm at comcast.net works too)

Message: 9