[time-nuts] Prologix GPIB controllers

Heathkid heathkid at heathkid.com
Mon Aug 2 04:26:14 UTC 2010

Bob,

Thanks to you and all the other people on this wonderful list (on and off
list) who have recommended this product... done.

Ordered with "Next Day Shipping".  Got a lab coat too (couldn't pass it
up... the one's I have at work are "disposable" as getting someone to clean
them is near impossible or actually too expensive as it's a bio-hazard) as
well as a bunch of other stuff that was just sitting in my SparkFun cart.
Oh well... fantastic excuse for placing the order and I'm sure my wife will
LOVE me wearing a lab coat around the house.  ;)  Grabbed a few more
(okay... a dozen) logic level converters too while I was at it.  It seems
these days... everything I'm working with is either 1.8v (Gumsix Overo),
3.3v (Arduino and Propeller), or 5v (everything else) and nothing likes to
talk to each other without a logic level converter.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being able to getting the HP-B/GP-IB data out
of the HP 5335A (and other equipment to come) and being able to log it and
do something useful (unlike wearing the lab coat around).  hehe

Thank you all... I'm on the right path (I think) with measuring "time" but
it seems to lead to insanity.  Is this correct?

73 Brice KA8MAV