[time-nuts] 74AC175PC

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Mon Aug 2 18:32:08 UTC 2010

Thanks Rex - As an old time ham and engineer, the only code I know is
Fortran and Basic. When I used to design digital stuff for a living,
everything was hard wired, no code. For FFTs, IIR and FIR digital filters
the coefficients were also hard wired. Heck, my first digital filter design
used serial arithmetic, with shift registers to implement the z^1. I was
able to figure out what H(s) we needed and convert it to an H(z) for a
specific filter configuration, but other than for the simulations, the
implementation was hard wired. This was in the early 70's. The neatest part
was to see the implementation exactly match the simulation. Then I went into
RF for a living and am totally naïve about all this source code stuff for
PICs and otherwise. So, sounds like this is something I should also invest
in. If the provider is reading this, please let me know what to do to order
the kit. Thanks & Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731