[time-nuts] No Comment

Daniel Schultz n8fgv at usa.net
Wed Aug 11 02:28:24 UTC 2010

I suppose Islamic time would be similar to the Islamic or Jewish calendar,
used for timing religious observances, but Muslims living in western countries
would follow local time derived from GMT for civil and business purposes. Just
as Muslims and Jews use the Christian calendar for civil purposes. If they
should succeed in converting the whole world to Islam, then maybe that could
change but I'm not going to worry about that in my lifetime.

What is the local time difference between Greenwich and Mecca anyway? I
suppose it's not an integer number of hours.

Dan Schultz N8FGV