[time-nuts] Remove Pictic boards from envelopes

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:46:28 UTC 2010

On 11 August 2010 14:35, Charles P. Steinmetz
<charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> They just need the simple application of the little pink eraser (I was
>> going to say rubber :) at the end of a pencil and a bit of elbow
>> grease to come up looking shiny and new.
>
> Alternatively, a quick dip in TarnX (thiourea tarnish remover) should
> brighten them right up.  Note that TarnX contains a chemical (thiourea) that
> has been found by the State of California to be a carcinogen....  (Luckily,
> I don't live in CA.  It's apparently not carcinogenic here.)
>
> One of the pink paste silver polishes on a wet sponge would probably also
> work, but could remove some of the tin -- though likely not as much as an
> eraser.

Of course you could make it even more complicated. Design and build a
spaceship, travel to the Moon, collect some of the abrasive dust from
its surface, travel back, make the Moon dust into a paste and rub this
on the board. Alternatively use a pencil eraser, no expensive,
dangerous and messy chemicals to use, just the humble inexpensive
pencil you probably have hanging around anyway. KISS

Steve

> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- Einstein