[time-nuts] Remove Pictic boards from envelopes

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed Aug 11 03:12:25 UTC 2010

Steve wrote:

>Of course you could make it even more complicated. Design and build a
>spaceship, travel to the Moon, collect some of the abrasive dust from
>its surface, travel back, make the Moon dust into a paste and rub this
>on the board. Alternatively use a pencil eraser, no expensive,
>dangerous and messy chemicals to use, just the humble inexpensive
>pencil you probably have hanging around anyway.

Don't see how using TarnX (which actually reverts the tarnish to
metal without removing any) is making things complicated (nor
expensive, or messy, or dangerous -- as long as you don't use it in
California), but thanks for that perspective.  And no, I don't have
any pencils on the premises (but TarnX and paste silver polish are
both readily to hand).

Best regards,

Charles